Up to 15 Teaching Hours/Week
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND CONTENT FOR CONTINUED ACADEMIC SUCCESS IN ENGLISH
Lift prepares multilingual teenagers with the academic language and literacy skills they need to study cross-curricular subjects and literature from around the world, participate in academic discussions, and apply themselves in and out of the classroom.
- Guided explorations of literature and nonfiction, supported by stories told through photography and video, help learners make connections across disciplines.
- A structured approach to skill-building, including textual analysis, close reading, and research, trains students for continued academic success in English.
- Academic speaking and writing practice in every lesson prepares learners to make valuable contributions in the classroom.
- Service-learning projects, inspired by the work of National Geographic Explorers, encourage learners to make a difference in their school, their community and the world.
- Digital teaching and learning tools hosted on the Online Practice platform help teachers plan, prepare, teach and assess their classes.