Language(s): American English
Downtown offers a contextualized, balanced approach that emphasizes the language skills needed in daily life as well as in the workplace. Combining a standards-based and a grammar-based syllabus, Downtown gives English learners the comprehensive language skills they need to succeed.
- Picture Cards include 100 images which can be used for presentations, classroom activities, games, and more
- “Game Time” offers lively communicative activities that allow students to relax and have fun with the language
- Theme-based chapters include three lessons, with a strong focus on workplace skills and vocabulary
- The strong grammar syllabus supports the integrated language learning focus
- A humorous serial-style cartoon in Levels Basic, 1, and 2 and the “Downtown Journal newspaper in Levels 3 and 4 review instructional content and introduce additional activities at the end of each chapter
- Alignment with the CASAS, SCANS, EFF Competencies, and the state standards supports classroom and program goals
- Teacher’s Editions include an Art Bank CD-ROM, which provides colorful and dynamic presentations for classroom use.