Helpful Links for our Webinars
What is a webinar?
A webinar is an interactive presentation delivered over the internet. Our webinars are free, one-hour, virtual presentations developed around an important professional development topic for English Language teachers.
- You will be able to actively participate in the webinar through interactive features such as polling, chats, and surveys with the speaker and teachers around the globe.
- We organize 1-4 webinars per month from September through May for teachers of English.
- The platform we use is called Adobe Connect. You can join a webinar through a computer with Adobe Flash Player or on a mobile device through the Adobe Connect App.
What will I receive after a webinar?
After attending a webinar, participants will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- The recording of the webinar
- The slides from the presentation
If you cannot join us for the live webinar, you can watch the recording and download the slides through the webinar website. Certificates will only be given for attending a live webinar.
Does Adobe Connect require a download?
Adobe Connect runs off of Adobe Flash Player. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player than you will have to install it. Flash is installed 99.8% of internet connected PC’s. Flash is the #1 software downloaded in the world. If you have used YouTube, then you most likely have Flash.
Does Adobe Connect have mobile capabilities?
Yes. You can download the free 'Adobe Connect' from your App store to view your webinar on your mobile device or tablet.
Does Adobe Connect work on a Mac and a PC?
Yes. Adobe Connect is fully compatible with Macs and PCs.
How do I register for a webinar?
- Navigate to the NGL ELT Webinar page: ngl.cengage.com/webinars
- Navigate to the webinar you would like to register for. The webinars are categorized as either Teaching Adults/Academic, Teens or Young Learners.
- Click on the webinar time you are registering for
- Complete the registration form
- You will receive an email confirming your registration for the webinar, along with the option to add the webinar information to your email calendar
How do I join a webinar?
- Register for the webinar through the NGL ELT Webinar page: ngl.cengage.com/webinars
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration which includes the URL to enter the webinar room
- At the time of the event, open the room URL in your preferred browser and enter the webinar room
The webinar URL will be sent to your email address when you register for the webinar and as a reminder a day before the event. Please check your junk mail to make sure the email did not go there. If you cannot find your webinar link, please email us at email@example.com
Joining the event from an iPad, iPhone or Android device?
- Launch your Adobe Connect on your mobile device
- Enter the URL for your webinar. This will be the URL that was emailed to you.
- Type in your name and email address to log in to the webinar
- A series of connecting messages will appear and you will be placed into the webinar
What should I expect for my first webinar?
- Be sure that your computer has a strong internet connection prior to joining the webinar.
- If you have not attended an Adobe Connect webinar before, please check your connection through this link: Adobe Connect Meeting Connection Test
- We encourage you to log in 10-15 minutes before the webinar is scheduled to begin to make sure everything is working properly.
- We recommend viewing the webinar from a quiet place with a headset to ensure you can hear well. If you experience trouble with sound, check your computer speakers and volume settings.
- Make sure you have the most updated version of Adobe Flash installed
Check the following simple items to help resolve webinar access issues:
- Disable popup blocker software
- Clear the browser's cache
- Try connecting from another computer
- Make sure you are accessing the correct URL
- Make sure you are registered for the webinar
Additional Technical Support During a Webinar
For additional technical support before or during a webinar, you can connect Adobe Connect through chat or phone.
A list of technical support numbers by country can be found here:
Adobe Connect Phone Numbers
If helpline dial-in numbers for your country are not available, please dial the United States helpline number.
To chat with an Adobe Connect agent please visit:
Adobe Connect Chat Support